How to Decorate Vintage Coastal Style
If you are staying at home for the summer holidays add some beachy and nautical items to your home giving it a holiday feel. There are many inexpensive ways to create this theme. Use calm, tranquil colors.
The first step is to give your home a spring clean before your holidays start so you can relax. Cook some meals and freeze them. Barbeque vegetables and meat accompanied by salads and fresh bread.
- Replace dark color duvet covers, cushions and curtains with pastel colors – muslin is an inexpensive fabric
- Make some shell wind chimes from pieces of driftwood
- Sew some bunting from fabric scraps or colorful paper – thread them with rustic string
- Visit your local thrift shops for old prints, woven baskets, straw hats
- Buy some fresh flowers or lush green plants such as a small palm tree
The advantages of staying at home for your holidays.
- You save money on travel costs, enabling you to eat at cafes & restaurants
- No packing and unpacking
- No tedious long flights
- Explore your local area, visit beaches, walks, art galleries
- Go to the movies, catch up on latest films