How to Decorate Vintage Coastal Style
If you are staying at home for the summer holidays add some beachy and nautical items to your home giving it a holiday feel. Mixing this with vintage features like Victorian Doors or old style prints for te walls can really bring the whole theme together. There are many inexpensive ways to create this theme. Use calm, tranquil colors.
The first step is to give your home a spring clean before your holidays start so you can relax. Cook some meals and freeze them. Barbeque vegetables and meat accompanied by salads and fresh bread.
- Replace dark color duvet covers, cushions and curtains with pastel colors – muslin is an inexpensive fabric
- Make some shell wind chimes from pieces of driftwood
- Sew some bunting from fabric scraps or colorful paper – thread them with rustic string
- Visit your local thrift shops for old prints, woven baskets, straw hats
- Buy some fresh flowers or lush green plants such as a small palm tree
The advantages of staying at home for your holidays.
- You save money on travel costs, enabling you to eat at cafes & restaurants
- No packing and unpacking
- No tedious long flights
- Explore your local area, visit beaches, walks, art galleries
- Go to the movies, catch up on latest films