Devonport is a harbour-side suburb of Auckland, and one of the earliest settled areas in New Zealand. Daily ferries run to downtown, Auckland City, which takes 10 minutes.
Last week I visited a friend of mine who lives in Devonport. We went for a short walk and both took photos of these lovely two storey Victorian Villa’s. Built from the 1880’s to World War I, with kauri wood and tin roofs.
Most villa’s have a balcony/verdanda and are usually decorated with intricate lace work and finials.
In response to The Daily Post’s weekly photo challenge Time
How to Decorate Vintage Coastal Style
If you are staying at home for the summer holidays add some beachy and nautical items to your home giving it a holiday feel. There are many inexpensive ways to create this theme. Use calm, tranquil colors.
The first step is to give your home a spring clean before your holidays start so you can relax. Cook some meals and freeze them. Barbeque vegetables and meat accompanied by salads and fresh bread.
- Replace dark color duvet covers, cushions and curtains with pastel colors – muslin is an inexpensive fabric
- Make some shell wind chimes from pieces of driftwood
- Sew some bunting from fabric scraps or colorful paper – thread them with rustic string
- Visit your local thrift shops for old prints, woven baskets, straw hats
- Buy some fresh flowers or lush green plants such as a small palm tree
The advantages of staying at home for your holidays.
- You save money on travel costs, enabling you to eat at cafes & restaurants
- No packing and unpacking
- No tedious long flights
- Explore your local area, visit beaches, walks, art galleries
- Go to the movies, catch up on latest films
Ginger Home is a clothes and hardware shop in Chiang Mai, Thailand. A bohemian fashion store where you can find bohemian style clothes and beautiful accessories for your holidays. A complete collection of fashion apparel ranging from clothes, handbags, sun glasses, jewelry and other accessories.
Green Spirit Villa Ubud Bali
This villa is a 10 minute drive from the artistic center Ubud. Overlooking a peaceful valley with views of the river and surrounded by tropical plants.
The outdoor area features an infinity pool decorated with Balinese garden statues, creating a relaxing and calming ambiance.
The Balinese-style rooms are tastefully decorated featuring private terraces and stunning views.