How to Decorate Vintage Coastal Style
If you are staying at home for the summer holidays add some beachy and nautical items to your home giving it a holiday feel. There are many inexpensive ways to create this theme. Use calm, tranquil colors. Although, summer can be the ideal time to undertake any large redecorating jobs you may have planned for a while. It might even help to bring in plumbers with expertise in the field of work.
The first step is to give your home a spring clean before your holidays start so you can relax. Cook some meals and freeze them. Barbeque vegetables and meat accompanied by salads and fresh bread.
- Replace dark color duvet covers, cushions and curtains with pastel colors – muslin is an inexpensive fabric
- Make some shell wind chimes from pieces of driftwood
- Sew some bunting from fabric scraps or colorful paper – thread them with rustic string
- Visit your local thrift shops for old prints, woven baskets, straw hats
- Buy some fresh flowers or lush green plants such as a small palm tree
The advantages of staying at home for your holidays.
- You save money on travel costs, enabling you to eat at cafes & restaurants
- No packing and unpacking
- No tedious long flights
- Explore your local area, visit beaches, walks, art galleries
- Go to the movies, catch up on latest films
Decorating is a great way to make your outdoor space more appealing and make the most out of your teak garden furniture to suit your style. There are many ways to made your patio area a relaxing and peaceful retreat, firstly choosing the right patio doors to meet the style you want to create is paramount as it’s your entrance and exit to your peaceful zone. There are so many different types of ideas to help you make the most of your patio, you might also be interested in extending your patio, but if you can’t you might also be interested in different patio door designs. If you are interested in different door styles you might want to check out somewhere like majesticdesigns.co.uk or somewhere similar.
Creative and Peaceful Patio Ideas:
- Colorful textiles such as patchwork quilts, cushions
- Rustic and exotic furniture
- Sculptures and water features
- Painted wicker furniture
- Tropical and colorful plants
- Lanterns, fairy lights and candles
- Natural elements, stonework, pebbles and shells
- Hanging baskets, pots of herbs and flowers
- Hammocks and day beds
Bohemian Style Dresses are usually loose-fitting and comfortable. These crisp, white dresses are ideal for the beach, a romantic or tropical holiday. White cotton clothing looks great against tanned, bronze skin and is cooling if you live or travelling in a hot country.