I was sitting in a cafe in Dali, Yunnan Province, China. Whilst I was sipping my coffee watching people walk past, I took these photo’s of some Chinese woman, I took these from behind as I thought it would be rude to run in front of them.
The photo above is a lady from the Bai Minority Ethnic Group which is one of the main groups in Yunnan. Her large basket was laden with oranges which she was selling to buy some food. I admired the intricate embroidery on her traditional clothing.
The streets of Dali lined with people selling food, clothing and souvenirs. The above photos show the different ways they transport their wares. Chinese woman work hard and are able to carry heavy loads.
I walked past a house being renovated with piles of concrete and gravel in the driveway. There were only women shoveling the building materials into wheel-barrows.
I stood there for a moment watching them and was completely awestruck.
In response to The Daily Post’s weekly photo challenge Admiration
- Xizhou Bai Minority Village, Yunnan Province
- Huangyao Ancient Town, Guangxi Province
- Yangshuo Karst Mountains, Guangxi Province
- Why I didnt visit The Great Wall in China
- Tibetan Zhujun Monastery, Yunnan Province
- Dongchuan Red Land, Yunnan Province